Sunday, July 02, 2006

Review: Voodoo Academy (2000)


1 out of 5 full moons
I knew this would be bad going in: Dave DeCouteau directing a movie about a boy's school. He failed to disappoint. Voodoo Academy is now the worst Full Moon flick I've ever seen. Bar none.
The plot is thus: hot, rich widower Mrs. Bouvier (the 2000's Full Moon girl, Debra Mayer) runs a college with a crackpot reverend because they want to sucker some young, "pure" guys into a voodoo ritual that puts their heads on a tiny voodoo doll so that they can resurrect a really bad guy.
All fine and dandy, until you begin the meat of the movie, which is guys in their underwear talking about what's going on. The efx is lame. The dialogue isn't even funny in that "so-bad" sort of funny. And, of course, we get a short running time (though it feels like I've aged a year or so), a single set (gotta love a college dorm where all 6 students sleep in the same small room), and did I mention the sitting around talking in their underwear?
Trite. Mindless. Drivel.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went for a walk this morning.I am 32 years old.please visit me any time you can this is my address 34 jessy street Ohio.This is my phone number 3664778539982.

3:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the movie.

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home